I recently went to the Hot House Cafe located on 35 Church Street for their Summerlicious 2013 dinner!
Lunch Price: $15
Dinner Price: $25
What I ordered:
Appetizer: Soup of the Day (I forgot to take a picture because I was too hungry!)
- The Soup of the Day was a type of tomato based seafood soup that had potato chunks in it. The soup was hot compared to some other places that serve cold soup as an appetizer. I personally loved the soup and how it was closer to a stew!
Main: Surf & Turf (8 oz Angus New York Strip loin grilled and served with a Canadian Lobster tail Topped with Chive Truffle Butter)
- This is a picture of my friend’s Surf & Turf where he got rice instead of a baked potato like I did! He liked the rice. My baked potato was actually just a baked potato that came with a small dish of sour cream. Veggies (beans and carrots) were served as well. I enjoyed my lobster tail, however the steak (mediam-rare) wasn’t anything too special. But for $25 for an app, main, and dessert, a regular steak with lobster tail is totally worth it!
Dessert: Sticky Toffee Pudding
- This here was the definition of heaven if you love cinnamon rolls (Cinnabon), caramel, and soft melty-like bread. I generally love cheesecake, but I decided to be spontaneous and got this Sticky Toffee Pudding instead! It was wonderful. My friends rejected their desserts to steal a bite out of mine! I’ll also include pictures of my friend’s desserts for you guys as well!
- Sorbet (A scoop of seasonal sorbet and berries to finish your meal): I didn’t give this a try, but generally sorbets are light and a sprinkle of fruit is a nice touch to finish a meal!
- New York Baked Cheesecake (A rich and creamy piece of New York style cheesecake smothered in strawberry sauce): I’m a big fan of cheesecake, but this cheesecake here was super fluffy and almost didn’t taste like a cheesecake. I was expecting a nice dense, regular new york cheesecake. None of my friends or I was a huge fan of this cheesecake, but if you like super light and fluffy cheesecake, this might be for you!